শনিবার, ৩ আগস্ট, ২০১৩

My Windows XP VM is growing like a beanstalk


New to parallels - please be gentle - I do think it's fantastic by the way.

I can see from searching previous posts that this is a common observation - but many responses are dated so I thought it worth asking the question for an up to date answer in light of current software functionality.

I put parallels on my MBA just to run Microsoft Money. As its the only program I need under Windows, I went for Windows XP to (hopefully) minimise resources consumed (disk space, memory etc), and Money runs 100% ok under XP. I installed Parallels and Money and hey ho, all was fantastic. Brilliant performance and consumption of resources hardly noticeable.

But the VM is now growing in size. It started at 6Gb, went to 8, went to 12, went to 14, now its at 16GB. All in three weeks. I let it be and thought it would settle down, but its just growing and growing. Something's wrong! I'm just running this one application.

I checked a couple of things like turning off system restore, and setting the optimisation settings to work in concert with Time Machine. No difference, the VM is just growing and eating up my precious solid state for no good reason that I can see.

Any suggestions please?

Source: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?289610-My-Windows-XP-VM-is-growing-like-a-beanstalk&goto=newpost

glamping forgetting sarah marshall taraji p. henson shuttle discovery bonnie raitt internal revenue service intc

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন